Axional Visual Discovery
A powerful Dashboard to display interactively multi-dimensional graphics with embedded Time Evolution of represented magnitudes.
- Visual discovery tools are used by power users to explore and analyze data in a variety of systems, superusers and BI specialists to create interactive dashboards.
- They are self-service, in-memory analysis tools that enable business users to access and analyze data visually at the speed of thought with minimal or no IT assistance and then share the results.
- The amount of data available to the users is so vast and diverse, that new analytical tools are required.
With this tool, users can easily visualize the evolution of business KPI’s and discover the trends using the time animation feature.
Axional Visual Discovery works in highly specialized databases to offer high performance, such as IBM IWA, Teradata/Exadata.
Data Marts and Data Lakes are quickly refreshed with current data by using this type of high performance databases.
Users can choose up to 4 simultaneous dimensions to represent the values of a measure.
Why Axional Visual Discovery?
Most BI tools constrain the number of available metrics or attributes that users can view. Axional Visual Discovery tool does not. Users can easily associate any metric or attribute with an axis, color, size or shape to create a multidimensional display that makes it easy to visualize patterns and outliers in the data.
Users can choose up to 4 simultaneous dimensions to represent the values of a measure. Data values at the intersection of every level in the dimension hierarchy can be either pre-calculated or dynamically calculated by a DB accelerator, providing fast query performance.
The time axis is always available to show the evolutions of values. Users can play interactively with the time axis to visualize the movement of values in the graph on real time. When a detailed analysis of magnitude is required, then with a single click, the user can represent individually its evolution in front of other magnitudes.
MINIMUM IT REQUIREMENTS
The tool architecture is Full Web by design, far away from the old “Fat client” approach. It requires zero installations on the user workstation. Once linked to the data marts/data Lake, it works as a self-service tool. Business professionals take advantage of being empowered to explore new data sets without much IT support.
The tool has an ergonomic design to facilitate data interpretation. Its in-memory analysis components enable business users to access and analyze data visually at the speed of thought, with minimal or no IT assistance. And then share the results of their discoveries with colleagues, usually in the form of an interactive dashboard.
To further improve the visual experience, several visual techniques are available in the tool, such as:
- Mouse-overs. Context enrichment with displays tips, metadata or available functions while users move the cursor over an object on the screen.
- Context-sensitive icons. Dynamic graphic icons associated with data objects that indicate available functions.
- Time motion. This shows how data values change over time.
- Filter snapshot. Save the current view as a live link that users can email to others.
- Custom objects. They allow users to create custom hierarchies, groups, calculations and metrics for use in a visual display.
- Keyword search. Users can quickly find one or more attributes in a long list or drop-down box.
- Smart select. It allows users to select data values in a chart by circling them with a cursor.
Often, when analyzing the evolutions of dimensions, some discontinuities or sharp changes appear suddenly. The most common causes are external events. For example, natural disasters, like floods, big storms, etc. that temporarily affects sales of a local subsidiary. Another typical reason could be the opening of a competitor facility next to your business location.
In large organizations, is difficult for a user to remember all past events and so the conclusions of the business analysis can be highly misleading by these hidden circumstances. To prevent this problem and to facilitate the user analysis of the business performance, the tool includes the Event Mark feature.
- With this functionality, the relevant events are recorded, linked to the specific dimensions and time-stamped.
- When the time axis reaches the appropriate point, the tool will show a pop-up signaling the event.
- The user can easily interpret any sharp change in the data knowing the context of external events happened at that time.
Several Explorational type graphics are included in the Axional Visual Discovery. Exploration graphics are visual analytics tools that allow users to dig into big data with the use of visualizations and best practices in visual perception exploration. Explorational visual analytics is based on experimentation, creativity and predefined questions; visualizations are often created ad hoc to check different alternatives.
Explorational graphics provide visual representations of multidimensional information with multiple interactive filtering.
This approach enhances the insight and expedites analyses by enabling more fast and accurate observations.
Axonal Visual Discovery tool helps the organizations to extract the maximum value from their corporate data.
It transforms volumes of data into information about the business, allowing users to analyze information in a business context — comparisons of things such as product or channel performance, in light of other important factors like regions, customers, and time. With the multidimensional view offered by the tool, users can quickly gain insight into business performance and trends. Interactivity and real-time response are crucial for user productivity.
Multidimensional analysis helps companies improve their performance by:
- Providing visibility into large volumes of corporate data.
- Presenting complex data in a business way so users can easily understand its meaning.
- Helping people stay on top of changing business conditions— market shifts, mergers and acquisitions — and providing trending analysis.